View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
mattross1313
Base Member

Drives: 2017 Nismo
mattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond repute

High time for another update here. Not had much time to do much to the car for a month or so as been busy with work and general ‘stuff’. But 2 good jobs have been done so here are some pics.

First up I managed to complete the sound proofing in the boot area. It hasn’t made a massive difference, but certainly helped reduce the general road noise when cruising at 40+. Don’t get me wrong the car is still very loud, but every little helps as they say!
I went for the two layer approach using both 2mm Silent coat tiles, and 8mm (I think) mass loaded tiles. Took a few hours start to finish and everything went back to gather as expected - some panels were a squeeze though as there was an extra ~10mm of stuff between them and the car.
The boot area is now pretty good for sound levels, but it has now made me more aware of other cabin areas that need further sound proofing. Such as the footwells and under seat etc. So when I have some money I’ll continue working through the car to reduce road noise. It does add weight but I think it is offset by the comfort levels.

Stripped out

Step 1

Step2

The miles are certainly racking up on the Nismo now. Took a trip ‘Up North’ to the JAE Reps meeting in P’boro, then up to visit family in Nottingham. The following weekend saw us take a trip near enough to Doncaster to get view (and purchase) a new car for the SO. Here they both are parked up together on the way home. A very tasty (and very rare) White Evo X with manual gearbox. Comes loaded with plenty of carbon extras, and a remap. The only snag is it makes the Nismo look like it has cream paintwork :/

Next up was to fit the Berk Tech exhaust I’ve had at home for a while now. I had the centre pipes repaired as there was a crack on one of the welds, gave it a quick polish and it was good go!

Load up the car (Snug!!)

Up on the ramps

Back on the deck

My initial plan was to return Gizmo to OEM Cats, and just run the CBE exhaust. However time was not on our side last night so we took a vote and the ART Pipes are still on the car, along with the shiny Berk CBE.
From garage to home is around 15 miles……yet some how my drive home last night was almost 70 miles :lol:

On idle, gentle driving and motorway cruising the setup sounds incredible. Then under WOT the sound is insane! Super loud and gives a sound to match the looks! I need to live with this for a few weeks just to see how I get on as it’s certainly loud! I’ll try and grab some videos once I bust out the GoPro Off home to Wales for Easter so this will give some good seat time to see how the volume is.

However for now it is very addictive. I am leaving the car in gear for far longer whilst driving around just to make noise. It will no doubt hamper my MPG’s but that’s not why we buy these cars!

That’s all for now, thanks. Matt
mattross1313 is offline   Reply With Quote