View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 07:35 PM   #5918 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post
I was considering installing my Berk cats this past weekend, but I put it off because of the dreaded demon bolts. Can you tell me what combination of extensions and universal joints worked best for you? Also, did you soak the bolts down with penetrating oil for a few hours prior to the install?
My car has 4000 miles on it, so I'm not sure if soaking the bolts really did anything. I can say Nissan didn't follow any sort of torque specs on those bolts, as those "demon bolts" were considerably tighter than the other four that were very easy to get to.

The one of the passenger side you don't need a universal to get on. You just need a crap load of extensions. The more 1/2 extensions you have the better as there will be less flex you will fight. I know I had pretty much every extension I own out, of the drawer. So you will need multiple 10", and multiple 6", and most likely adapters in both directions (1/2 and 3/8). You figure you need enough extensions to get from demon bolt to the all the way to front of the engine bay up near where the hose for power steering reservoir is near the serpentine belt. Then I used a rag up against the frame rail and a large pry bry to keep the ratchet located properly (to prevent it from being pulled over into the intake tube). Then just break it loose. In my case though the bolt broke. Doesn't matter though, it just passes through the header, so even if it breaks you're still home free.

On the driver side though you need one universal to get on the bolt square. Same procedure though, just run extensions up to the front of the engine bay.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote