View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #5916 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
So I did install the exhaust on Saturday. It should be noted I installed Berk high flow cats, at the same time. I did this in my garage (IE, no lift).

The factory exhaust took maybe 30 minutes to remove, this part was easy. The EVAP canister cover mentioned in the instructions didn't apply to my 2016, perhaps this is a California thing, or only applies to certain cars? All I know is my car didn't have this stuff in the way. I did have to bend the heat shield though (as per the instructions). The 30 minutes did not includes the cats, those top two bolts were interesting. However it was just a process of figuring out the magic combination of how to get to the top bolts (which was really just running extensions out to the front of the engine bay).

The fit of the Fast Intentions exhaust could not have been any better. Everything fit literally like a glove. The tips ended up centered, the hangers are in the center of the rubber bushings, flanges all lined up, nothing fought us at all. Really wasn't any tweaking needed, it just bolted together.

I will say it sounds really good, it's loud when you are accelerating, but as soon as you are just cruising it's quiets right down, almost docile, not really a drone to speak of at all (and I don't have the resonators). I drive a lot of highway and it's relatively quiet actually. We'll see how it changes as the mufflers break in. It's exactly what I wanted, as I didn't want to end up with something just barely louder than the stock system. This is definitely louder, but not in an obnoxious way.

I did take sound level measurements with my sound level meter of the stock system (not an app, an actual sound level meter). I just need to take measurements of the new system now.
I was considering installing my Berk cats this past weekend, but I put it off because of the dreaded demon bolts. Can you tell me what combination of extensions and universal joints worked best for you? Also, did you soak the bolts down with penetrating oil for a few hours prior to the install?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote