View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
NRGz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Z. 06 Zx636
NRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond repute
Default New reccommended oil?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyFla View Post
Well I've put a couple of weeks on the new oil & I don't see much of a difference in the two. The temps here have been running in the 85 - 90 range. I've done some city driving & some highway. Temps seem to be very close to what they have always been. If anything they might be 1 to 2 degrees lower. The only real difference I see is that it takes a lot longer for the temps to come up. There seems to be a difference in opinion as far as 0w20 vs. 3w30 with the members posting here. I guess I'll just let it ride for awhile & see how it goes.

Ive always brought my own filter and oil whenever i feel the need to use their inspection printout (tire wear, pads etc). 10$ in labor and a decent wash after. My first ever oil change from them with my used Z was a half and half castrol stuff and I felt like i was ripped off for the price (like always) i paid -or could have paid if i supplied my own and have em do it.
My dealer doesnt carry the special nissan sauce..ester? which they said would run about 120$.

I have used 0w40 once or twice in my Z and G.. only difference was the same as you, felt like it took a little longer to bring up to temp. After my 19 oil cooler install, I went back to 5w30. Temps still come out slow even with about half of it blocked off.

Back on topic, OP, do let us know if any problems come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk