View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #55 (permalink)
imazman
Base Member

Drives: 11' 370Z Nismo
imazman is on a distinguished road

Status update:
Ok a lot went on since the last time. Took a long time to get an updated rom from Stillen (about a month). The way it sounds the old roms were from Stillen and now they are from Uprev as the software update (ROM Editor) software need to be updated and the license which now says Upreve rather than Stillen. Anyway I installed the new tune about two weeks ago and it was running great in the cool weather. Great shifts, much much much smoother, and it really got up and took off.
Yesterday took it out for a drive in warmer weather (dash said 85)...went to test the boost in 3rd gear up to 7k and I thought I heard something odd. Slowed down and every time I go to give it even a little bit of gas it starts knocking like crazy. Needless to say I limped and coasted home and garaged it...afraid to tell the SO I did something to the engine. I'm hoping if I let it sit for a few days it will fix itself ;-) I know I read a thread on here about a guy that a crazy knocking...I will have to see if I can find that thread and what was wrong with his Z.

Will keep everyone posted as to what I find out.

:-(
/Z/
imazman is offline   Reply With Quote