View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #4727 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I have te Lyman vibrator too. Found out the red cob cleans better then the green cob. Wife got me the Hornady ultra sonic cleaner for Xmas. It's faster and cleans better then the vibrator. The stainless pins is a tumbler. You have to mix cleaner with the pins. Rinse and dry. About the same amount of time as the vibrator. The ultra sonic. You have to mix a couple oz of cleaner with water. Distilled works the best. No spots. 2 types of cleaner. Brass and gun parts.
How much brass can you get out of the cleaner? Is it really that much better? I've sort of looked at them a few times but never pulled the trigger.

I've always used a capful of the Nu-Finish car wax in the tumbler with some torn up shop towels, and the brass comes out really pretty good looking, almost new most of the time.

OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote