View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #8655 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
Driving along and lost power to my fuel pump, coolant pump and who knows what else. Rest has power no problem, but with no power to the pump it won't run. So, I'm waiting for a flatbed

Checked everything I could in the dark with an iPhone for a flashlight. Figured a main fuse for sure but looked fine. Found a poor ground so that. Ole conceivably do it but no way to tighten it more than finger tight, tried wedging the end underneath another ground fitting but didn't make a difference. So what the problem actually is I don't know yet but fairly sure it's something stupid.

App on my phone does scan codes but it's far from a full reader. For what it's worth it didn't throw any codes.

Best guess off top of my head either a fuse I'm not seeing, that ground, or something with the security immobilizer. But it doesn't really matter on the side of the road. So I wait for my overpriced ride home. I have free roadside assistance from Nissan but they will only tow it to the nearest dealer which a) I don't want touching the car, and b) is only five minutes from here and would still need to cab it home anyways.
Yuck GL with the diagnoses and repairs

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |