Thread: softer ride
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 06:52 AM   #35 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTER View Post
Hmm...reading great things about powertrix:
Couple of questions:
1. Why the swift spring upgrades over the ones that it comes with?
2. The Nismo rates are F-8.6, R-9.3...with the streets it states on their webpage F-8 and R-6 that is quite a drop in spring rate on the rear...Stock set up is stiffer in the rear then front seems odd to change that up .... Is this the reason for the swift springs...?
3. Looking to get my ride softer but not with a loss in handling ...do you guys think these are a good match for what I am looking for?

I don't plan on tracking the car, but hell I used to go all the time and who knows. I wanted something I could do both, get a decent ride when not tracking and stiffen it up for when and if I do...

1.) Why Swift spring upgrade? Because they are more compliant at a higher spring rate which makes them more comfortable.

2.) Once you drive on a set of 12k/11k Swift springs you will wonder why factory was set the way it was. Don't forget a Hotchkis swaybar for the front only.

3.) The jury for me is still out on this one. So far so good. It is way better for comfort. I am dialing in the shocks and the handling appears to be better also. I will know more how I feel after Zdayz this year.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote