View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
Ok. I hate Jalopnik.

If you don't want to read a profanity-laden rant about stupid car hipsters, feel free to roll on out of here now.

My first caveat is this: the "heritage edition" 370Z is an absolute joke and it falls in line with Nissan's recent trend of injecting "excitement" into its lineup by exploring the color palette. It doesn't even come with the sports package! But let's talk about the 370Z itself and its last 9 model years of being a pretty damn good sports car, since the writer and commenters in this article are seizing the opportunity to s*** on the Z once more regardless of this heritage garbage.

The definition of affordable on Jalopnik is so variable it’s laughable when many can justify an ND Miata club at $30k as the second coming of Jesus, then turn around and laud a 370Z at $30k as “Nissan not giving a s*** about affordable sports cars” when a Z runs circles around a Miata or BRZ, stock for stock, any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I don't care if you like a Miata - I happen to like the Miata a lot myself, but let's not be ignorant fornicates with double standards here. Why don't we just be true to ourselves, Jalopnik-peeps? You don't buy anything anyway. Why should the car market give a f*** about what you have to say? Did you buy a BRZ new? You clamored and preached and begged for it, and you didn't f**king buy one. No one is buying them now. You didn't buy one because it didn't have another 100hp, right? Even with another 100hp, it's short on what the 370Z offers performance-wise for similar money... so what makes the Z a piss poor sports car offering? (You could probably even say the 370Z is the existing reason why they didn't build a BRZ with 300hp - because even with another 100hp, the BRZ still wouldn't f**king matter. No one is buying those or 370Zs today). The real reason the writers and commenters at Jalopnik (and most of car culture in general) are IRRELEVANT to the car market is because they won't buy anything until it has 150k miles on the clock and sitting on a used car lot anyway. Put up for a new one and help drive the market or shut the f*** up. It's not because the Z is a bad or unaffordable sports car. It's not because the BRZ doesn't have enough power. It's because at the end of the day, you don't f**king matter, because you'll still find some obscure reason like "too heavy" or "not enough power" or "elbows too pointy" to not buy one and stick to your caramel macchiatos and Mitsubishi Eclipses instead. Save your infinite wisdom for strangers at Starbucks that don't know any better.

The 370Z is one of the last true sports car offerings on the market, period. Most that s*** on them have never driven one. Hydraulic power steering (that's not numb like the overdriven steering systems in the Mustangs they seem so fond of in this article), a fantastic power-to-weight ratio and weight balance(because that’s the stat that really matters, so save me the BRZ lightweight and tossable comments), and a fantastic suspension out of the box with a great wheel and tire package on the sport models (not Prius wheels like the BRZ), and for a great price in today’s market. It's loud, it's raucous, it's raw. It's everything Jalops say they love in a sports car, and yet they never hesitate to s*** on it when you get the chance. Even better, adjust for inflation, and the price of this car absolutely eclipses the 90s-era cars they all wish they had every three articles they post on that tired site. (Aside from the Two articles about Miatas and another about Donald Trump. Give me a f**king break.) It's even sillier in the case of the BRZ - adjust for inflation and it's cheaper than the 240SX ever was.

So the final shred of credit I will give Nissan is this - they're still building the 370Z despite having plenty of justification for axing it. Maybe they still give somewhat of a s*** about building sports cars? They seem to be dying in the face of crossovers these days, so let's not take cars like the 370Z for granted. Mark my words - you’ll miss this car when it’s gone and the Mustangs of the world are driving you around the track instead. Sure, it has its flaws like every other car, but it's damn good. It's also damn affordable.

So maybe it's not that Nissan doesn't give a s*** about affordable sports cars. Bring up the iDX all you want - you would have never bought the goddamn thing when it came out anyway. Maybe it's that you millennial douchers need to stop confusing "what I can afford" with "affordability" and spinning it into criticisms against car makers who are offering great s*** regardless of the adversity in the car market. Like typical millennials, it's always someone else's fault. Grow the f*** up and try harder.

And shut the f*** up about politics on a car blog. The reason why we have things like hobbies is to escape the bullsh*t in the world today. Way to ruin it by crying about Donald Trump every 15 ******* seconds.

/rant
My man, hunid grand!!!!!
Always dropping the Jew-elz in a bolus so everybody can get the impenetrable truth and a dose of fvckin enthusiast reality.

Thanks for saying what we feel in such an amazing way. Post this on jalopniks faghot forum. If they have one?

Fvck Jalopnik. I get criticized for criticizing them. This is like every post I ever posted against them in a longer singular post.

Jalopnik needs to read this.