Thread: softer ride
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTER View Post
I have a 2013 Nismo ...same situation.
Not interested in the spring route, changed mine myself on my G37 and its a pain, its also a pain when you undo them if your going to sell it, plus like mentioned they typically come with a drop which I don't want for the Z nismo.

Interested in the coilover route ....anyone care to give suggestions on some good alternatives that do not drop the car any...and yet make the car feel less like riding a horse...
I just upgraded to coilovers for my Nismo. The ride is way better. It is firm but not bone jarring going over bumps. Powertrix has a nice setup. I would suggest Swift 12k front spring upgrade and 11k rear Swift with his coilovers. You will enjoy the car much better. If you can afford more, then buy get them. JRZ, Moton, etc. You won't regret it. My Aragasta's are very nice. The Swift spring upgrade for them was more costly due to the rear spring size. I upgraded to SPL Midlinks to accomplish that.

I actually went with 12k front and 10k rear. It is a tad soft. I may change to 13k front and 11k rear. That is the great thing about coilovers. You can fine tune it to what you prefer.

Last edited by Spooler; 04-06-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote