View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zeetah
Enthusiast Member

Drives: z12
Zeetah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixin View Post
Tints are a definite issue for most of us, be it with Z's or other vehicles. But the license plate cover issue is just wrong. If it is illegal to place a lic. plate cover on your vehicle, why then are the covers sold legally in Ontario in the first place? The province/municipality should go after the retailers!
i read up on this and it said anything is covering is illegal but if its clear 99.9999% officers wont care, for me atleast, before today obviously. And someone said the exact same thing as you in the papers and the cop said manufacturers and dealerships sell cars that go as fast as 200 km/h but that doesnt mean they cant sell cars, and its upto the drivers to go the speed limit..

i can understand getting the $112 fine for the no front plates, even tho i showed him the bag which i just bought the frames for the install and the ticket for the tint would have been fine too, but he added the clear cover????? and summoned me to COURT?????? never in all my years of getting dealing with cops has anyone ever mentioned my %5 tints nor the covers, front plates yes but only warning and 2 tickets for it in the 5 years or so that ive been driving my Z... but this cop went all out, sucks. Then he gives me attitude after calling me polite lol..
Zeetah is offline   Reply With Quote