Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #256 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

OHH god!!! update time!

Not so good news though. So may car broke down a month or so ago. It was a fuse that some how blew up. I chased the line and did not see any shorts or anything.

After I solved that problem I had a crazy AFR problem. I I really didn't know where to look or chase the problem down to fix that. I have turned lots and lots of wrenches on my car but I did not know where to start. With some "the370z" help, I got it fixed. The best part was it only cost me $8. It took a lot of time trouble shooting and frustration but we (my forum friends and I) got it done. It turned out to be bad seal between by turbo and exhaust pipe.

Now we fast forward to last night. OMG!! I though everything was great so I went ot the race track. F me!!! On my 5th or 6th run my car jacked up! On the burn out I heard a pop! The tech got me to back up so I did. Everything worked fine but SOMETHING was WRONG when the tech picked up a piece of metal from the floor. OMG!! I went around and asked one of the hard core racers if I could borrow there jack so I could investigate what happened. The horror!!

Can we say FAWK!!!

So I don't understand what and how it happened but My car hoped for some reason (It's has not hopped since i put poly bushings and drag radials). So anyhow, I got her towed home and I tore her apart today. I lowered the rear differential and shook my head. I'll let the pic do the talking. I don't know how it happened but it just snapped off.

My differentials looks ok. I gave it a good cleaning. nothing seems broken. I'm in search of a diff cover to slap her on, add 80-90 trans fluid inside her and reinstall her.

Ohh sometimes I just have to shake my head at my Z..

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote