View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
kevinpantz
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo 370z
kevinpantz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFart View Post
I would think it would fade over time, it "looks" plastic if ya get my drift. I'm ordering SEM texture black and then a clear to cover it, just not sure if I want to go semi-gloss or something a little bit flatter.

I was going to buy the ZakusTech ones until another member received his and sent me pictures on how they were built. The slats are sandwiched between the 2 outside pieces with glue. Personally I would of had a piece machined with a slot that the slats fit into (1 piece). Both designs have their pros and cons, the plastic style was modeled after the Lambo Aventador with the angles etc. of the louvers might not fit what some are looking for. Still chilly here in the east so haven't painted yet, but I think it will work out...

One thing I did like about these is the fitment, as you see it was with no bolts, it's sitting on the window and hugs it quite well. One worry is the heat, in the summer sitting outside will it cause the louvers to droop in the center. That would not be good, only time will tell there.
When you get a chance I'd like to see more pics of it or even a walk around video, also a picture sitting in the driver seat looking through the rearview mirror!
kevinpantz is offline   Reply With Quote