View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 10:39 PM   #200 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Ok boys & girls, some news. I am presently in the intensive care unit of the Mazenkowsky Heart Institute. Thursday morning I suffered a major heart attack. It seems unhealthy living habits have caught up with me. I had this heart attack while I tried to eat my lunch. I ended up driving myself to a local hospital. I was then trasnferred by ambulance to the cath emergency at the institute.

They discovered a major artery was 90% blocked causing excruciating pain in my chest and down my left arm. The body really complains loudly when blood flow is cut off. I had an angiogram where a balloon was inserted to expand the artery. Then a steel mesh stint was inserted into the expanded area. What a relief! But I also have two more arteries that are 50% blocked.

So lots of drugs, a big change in diet, and healthier living will follow. The blocked arteries won't fix themselves, so I have to change. It looks like I dodged a bullet and have had a serious wake-up call. Being just 54 years old, and only 10 years removed from being in the army and the best shape of my life is a sobering experience. I'll be off work for a month while I recover.

Everyone reading this should take some stock of thier lifestyle choices. Live a long life.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote