Thread: Big Brake Kits
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Fair enough this is what i was looking for. I have the brake ducts and yaw kill switch. I run xp10/8 when on the track and re-11's all around. I'll just go with akebonos until i start to out drive them.
Didn't realize you have sport package with Akebono already. Yes they are good to an extend and I think for an upgrade you should look at AP racing, Bermbo, Stoptech and other high end companies. I didn't fully utilize the brakes until now, fuel starvation, oil overheat and tires were holding me back. In my local track, Toyobaru drivers uses their stock brakes with upgraded pads and R888 without issue, but depends on how aggressive, they change them more frequently. So, I don't see the 370z akebonos will be any worse than them for track day duty with better pads and tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stright_Drop View Post
How about the Brembo 6 pot front calipers with Z1 2-piece rotors?
This is an option I am considering, but not sure of brake distribution with the rear 2 pot, not finding any reviews as well to make my mind. I have them on my DD from factory and they are fantastic, but with rear 4-pot and I feel they are more front bias (maybe from oem pads, not sure).

Last edited by AlWakRa; 03-31-2017 at 09:45 AM.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote