View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #5878 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post
I’m hoping to order this system by this weekend, but first I have a few questions that I need to get answers to. Hopefully everyone in here can help me out. First let me give everyone a little background on my car. I’m the original owner of a 2009 370z Touring. The car is my garage queen and isn’t my daily driver. It only has 19,000 miles on it. I’m EXTREEMLY picky about this car and the mods that I do to it. Current mods are a Stillen Gen 3 cold air intake, Motordyne M370 upper intake manifold and a set of Berk high-flow cats. After an insane amount of time researching CBEs, I definitely want to go with this system. With all of that being said, I’m having issues determining which X-pipe and mufflers to go with. I want the Z to sound mean and aggressive. I wish there was a way to make it sound like a Mustang GT or Camaro with a Borla Atak system installed, but that isn’t possible without an engine swap to a V8. On the flip side, I don’t want it to sound like a civic with a hole in the muffler or some cheap fart-can exhaust (which won’t be an issue with this system). I’ve listened and watched a billion and one youtube videos, but it’s hard to hear the differences between the three X-pipes watching different videos, shot by different people under different conditions. I welcome a louder cabin driving experience, but don’t want a defining monotonous drone at all RPMs, or the rasp of my 15 year old neighbor’s chop shop built civic crap box. I was originally planning to go with non-resonated, but I don’t want drone or rasp. Will the non-resonated x-pipe produce drone or rasp? Or will a resonated pipe give me the deeper sound I’m looking for? If so, which size, 12 or 18? Remember, aggressive and mean is my goal.

The next few questions are about the mufflers. Will the stainless mufflers produce the deeper sound I’m looking for? Lastly, does anyone happen to have comparison pictures of a pearl white 370z with stainless mufflers and the same color Z with the carbon fiber mufflers? I would really like to compare how they look side-by-side. A google search for this didn’t produce anything that was much of a help.

I’m sorry about all of the questions. I’ve spent the past few days reading hundreds of posts in this and the original thread, but after a while I found it was running me round and round in circles. At this point I figured I would just post my questions and get everyone’s feedback.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s patience and help. I really appreciate both.
If you want loud, look at FPenvy set up.

I don't think you'd be able to tell a difference between the sound of SS vs CF unless you had them side by side, but supposedly CF is decried as "exotic" and SS as "deeper".

Google has all the pictures you want. With SS cans, you can see them clearly, CF are hardly visible.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote