View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 02:24 AM   #86 (permalink)
KrnAndy
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z M6
KrnAndy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You're saying you drove it hard to get the temps up high and then sat stopped to induce heat soak and could not replicate the acceleration lag? Sounds like you just didn't heat it up enough for the ECU to pull timing, but if it was doing it earlier on the drive when the car was cooler and then didn't do it when you stopped to induce heat soak, you might be right that it's not temperature related. Are you monitoring IATs at all?
I never drive the car too hard at all anymore, but the problem usually arises during normal driving conditions when oil temps are at normal operating temps around 180-200

Not saying it was the most accurate research, but the problem could come up after a hard pull, waiting just a second at the stop, then going, and then the problem could not even happen after a few hard pulls, and sitting at the stop for a bit with a toasty engine. I read a few other threads about a brake switch problem, thought maybe it could be the problem but it happens when i come to a very hard stop, or my engine temps are warmed up. feels like the car is starting from 3rd gear, my friends 370 feels way different, he was confused too!

conclusion is from reading over a hundred pages from different threads in this forums is

brake switch, brake booster sensor, MAP (manifold pressure sensor), timing being pulled? (inconsistent so idk)

already cleaned mafs, im on stock intake boxes, throttle bodies were taken off to look at the back side and in to see if there was any build up, but looked pretty clean to me, didn't want to have to do a relearn by manually opening the valves.

i just don't know any tbh, the 350z and g35 i had before pulled really nicely regardless.

im at a loss, the 370z is a great car but i can't figure this one out.
KrnAndy is offline   Reply With Quote