Thread: Big Brake Kits
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 03:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

From the list, I would say Akebono.

Akebono being a lot cheaper if you get all the available options, I remember one of my friends got his around USD 2700 excludes shipping, front and rear with 2-piece rotors. I cannot think of any stoptech full F & R kits being at that price range with same rotor size. I wouldn't consider wilwood as they have smaller rotors (because I am focusing on performance and heat resistance).

If you get better pads and air ducts, it will make a big difference. I used the stock pads with SS lines and air ducts and it made a big difference in how long you can brake hard at track. But still I feel they lack stopping power, which hope changing front from 255 PSS to 275 RE71-R will make a huge difference in this regard with Yaw sensor disabled. Currently I have all Z1 2-piece rotors, SS lines, RBF600 and Winmax W6.5 pads.

I think price wise, Akebonos couldn't be beaten.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote