View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamillio View Post
How can we drain the steering fluid from the system without making a mess?
Get a 20oz cheap plastic bottle, something to suck out as much old fluid as possible, jack stands, rags, pliers, and some sort of plug to jam into the opening when you disconnect the skinny hose ( high pressure i believe).

Jack the front of the car onto jack stands ( makes it easier when turn your wheel left to right). Suck all the fluid out of the reservoir. Once that is done, disconnect the skinner or the two hoses and jam something into the opening ( but careful not to break the plastic, just need something so the new liquid won't drain out. I used some random piece of wood and a rag). With the skinner hose disconnected slip it into the 20oz bottle (Thats where all your old fluid will go). Fill up the reservoir with new PS fluid, Get back in your car and turn the wheel left to right ( I would do 2 cycles) check on the fluid in the reservoir, make sure it doesn't run dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. (Before each refill dump the old fluid in the plastic bottle out, PITA but makes it easier to notice when the new fluid is coming through). Continue the cycle until all the old fluid is out the system. Attach the skinny hose back to the reservoir and fill to the lines.

There are easier ways to go about this, But this is a simple cost effective way i did my PS fluid change before my track day.

If you have any question feel free to shoot me a pm. Its late and I'm half retarded so if anything is hard to follow i'll be glad to clear things up.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote