View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
I'm not an expert but unless the frame is bent I wouldn't say it's 100% a total loss. You have a 2017 which means the insurance company is going to be looking at a higher valued car than say if this was a 2009 370z. It's a myth to think that when airbags deploy that insurance companies won't fix the car, because they will. I would strongly urge you reach out to your insurance adjuster and push for a total loss.

My 2010 NISMO was involved in a front end collision that looked similar in damage to yours, except mine was all front end damage. I thought for sure it was totaled. Then they said no they thought it was fixable due to cost of replacement for the car vs. damages to the car. I fought with them for weeks explaining it would never be right again. I lost the fight and they "fixed" the car. It took 6 months to "fix" it. In the end the car had to be returned 3 different times. The second time the shift knob came off while pulling out of the parking lot. Why the shift knob was even messed with still remains a mystery as it was not damaged initially. But I showed them the tool marks that clearly indicated someone had tampered with it. The third and final time the car lost power, fuel, brakes, etc while driving 45mph. Luckily I was able to pull the car over without incident. The same week I got it back after that I took it to CarMax and sold it.

Looking at your car, and again I'm not a professional, I'd say you have less than 20k in damages to the car. So unless there is major engine damage unseen or frame damage that isn't in the picture they may try to say the damages don't exceed what is required to total the car. Good luck and fight them at all costs to total it out.

You should have got a lawyer, if you weren't comfortable with having the car repaired it would be very easy to total it.

Not sure what insurance you have but my s2000 was about to get repaired from a rear side impact [which wasnt enough to total it], I made one phone call and told them I didn't feel safe with the car being repaired, no questions asked, totaled the car wrote me a check.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote