View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 03:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.m. Brian View Post
Please let me know how that crank works out!!!
Brian

I can tell you that with the JWT rod/piston combo, the bottom of the piston "just" kisses that crank counter-weight and we had to machine the counterweight about 2mm to be really happy - that meant re-balancing the entire rotating assembly which cost the project some time and unplanned spend.

Apart from that, it looks mint .... the proof will be when we get it on the dyno (will run the engine first time on our hub dyno).

It is an extended process because we are fitting the Jenvey ITB (including DBW throttle motors - 1 for each bank) on the OEM engine first, before we swap engines .... so it takes time as my project is not the shop's bread and butter - I get to use quiet time in their schedule tokeep costs down - a bit like you working on a shop project which means revenue forgone rather than customer work that pays the bills.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote