View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Array
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '12 Pearly White
Array is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf370z View Post
It's been a while back . That lock was replaced they also replaced tranny. Bout same time
That's all that is in the history for this car from dealer and car fax . I know it got wet floor board was wet . But I pulled ECU checked it . Was dry. The bcm is right there I couldn't feel no moister around it. The water seems like it came from somewhere near or under the fan.i did all the reset computer and drove it . It will not shut off if you get it started. And before it start security light still flashing . And I have to put key fob in holder but if it starts it's without hitting the button it just will start when you hold the clutch for a while by its self. I have dump clutch shut it off. And take battery cable off to get the power off inside car I.e. the push button on light and warning lights on dash . It will throw a code u0164 communication HVAC . It will go away and come back as car is running or shut off. I took it to dealer for them to diagnose it. We shall see.it didn't do this till I went threw car wash . So I don't think it flood car I thing a seal around wind shield or wiring harness allowed water in.

definitely BCM, ECU I believe is more gauged towards the Motor components where as the BCM is more accessories, seeing as how the drivability is fine it leads one to believe BCM. BCM went on the Fritz in my Altima and had very similar issues as far as car turning on and accessories not functioning as intended, it would also not turn off, i eventually had to pull the alternator cable and let it die otherwise it would have burned through the tank, I ended up bringing it to Nissan and they diagnosed it with a bad BCM and Remote start.

It was purchased as a CPO with the aftermarket remote starter installed but they refused to service it because of this reason, I argued it shouldn't have been a CPO without Nissan genuine parts but thats another story, they found minor burns in the wiring connection between the BCM/Remote Start and Dash, I was lucky enough to get it serviced for free after a 2 week battle, however new parts pointed upwards of $2,000.

I would advise you double check all fuses and wiring that you can at this point, anything thats been unplugged or attached since service on ur Z