View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kzonts
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Roadster
Kzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond repute
Default ZSpeed stock replacement clutch and flywheel

I have the ZSpeed stock replacement quiet clutch and 26lb flywheel. This was installed in combination with the ZSpeed CSC delete. I also have the RJM clutch pedal.

Overall I'm really liking the new setup, but I'm a bit surprised on how firm the clutch is. My leg is getting a workout and I'm still struggling with smooth launches during daily driving. But I've only had it for two days

I also had the car tuned (ECUTEK) at the same time so all these changes have totally changed the overal driving experience. I'm having fun with it! She feels much more raw like a sports car should feel.

Back to the clutch. This thing is nothing like stock and I can't imagine what a stage 2 would feel like. It has significant grip during launches which I like and it responds much better if I launch it aggressively versus trying to baby it. I do realize the new flywheel is 6lbs lighter which contributes to some of this.

The dilemma I have is my wife drives the car, and she's doing ok with it but she is whining about it a bit. This could be trouble

Anyway, I wanted to give the forum some feedback on this setup. It's very solid and likes being driven with some spirit. It has some slight chatter when sitting at a stop in neutral, just like the stock setup, maybe less.

I myself really love it, but I'm afraid the wife will be complaining for a while

UPDATE:
After a month of driving I can unoquivocally say this new clutch is really nice! If you're looking for a stock-like replacement clutch I highly recommend this, but I would suggest you combine it with the RJM clutch pedal if you want a guaranteed comfort level with adjustability. And as with anything new, it just took a little seat time to become one with the car again. It's not completely "stock-like". It provides crisper launches with less slip. Complete driving pleasure is experienced! Very happy with the results AND that defective CSC is gone!

ZSpeed and RJM for the win! Thanks...

Last edited by Kzonts; 04-29-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Kzonts is online now   Reply With Quote