View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nohc
Base Member

Drives: 370z
Nohc is on a distinguished road
Default Home Garage Lifting Options - My Lift Stand

Was looking for something to make it where I feel safer under my Z when installing all the exhaust components I am purchasing. Found a lot of of options, all with pros and con. The most affordable I found was "My Lift Stand." Basically, metal wheel cribs that you can put a jack under and go higher with. They currently have a 3 week lead time. The price is not advertised so I assume it could change. I paid 275 for each pair and about 130 in shipping.

Lift Stand Inc | Made in the USA

I was really close to getting the Quickjack 3500 and may end up with one still at some point. The advantages of the my lift stand for me were: Side entry/exit, can be used with any of our vehicles, stack-able and makes like a little table when not in use, price, wife really likes the wheels in contact with something if I am underneath it. I also think the my lift stands would last most a lifetime vs a hydraulic based system but I have nothing to base that on.

Of course the downsides are, can't just jack it up with a button and do all the wheels/brakes/suspension and the Quickjack 3500 is not much more money. It was almost a coin toss of QL convenience vs the items I mentioned. Its really cool as well.

Also looked at the Kwiklift. It was just way too much for me to justify with all the options. The base un-powdercoated one I was going to have to paint was $1400 shipped. I do like the ramp idea though. If cost were not a factor I probably would have gone with this. They have a metal bridge you can purchase that makes wheel/suspension work possible while on the ramps with the use of jack stands.

Of course there are 2 post lifts and other "portables" but freight, weight, and space were all issues for me. Would be great if I had the space/need.

That all being said, I have jack stands, rhino ramps, etc. They are probably just fine for most people. This was a personal preference after being under a lot of cars and not feeling great about it.

I will report back with some pictures and review of how they do.

Last edited by Nohc; 03-25-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Nohc is offline   Reply With Quote