View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
KrnAndy
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z M6
KrnAndy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Collins View Post
From what I've learned, when your vehicle is hooked up to a computer, to determine why a dashboard light comes on, the computer's diagnostic, the readout it gives you, is not always 100% correct.

Sure, it's probably correct a high percentage of the time, and that makes it easier for the technician, but it's not always 100% correct.

A GOOD tech will often look further, to confirm the computer's diagnostic is indeed the problem. That's probably not what happened when I took it to the Nissan Dealership. (But again, time is money.) When my Service Engine Soon light came on a few weeks ago, I now believe that my keyfob had somehow "lost communication" with the car, for a short period of time. (But not because if a weak or dead car battery or bad keyfob battery. I believe my batteries are fine.) That's all that happened. But Nissan saw the computer printout, saw that the physical key wasn't the right key, and said "Hey, you need a proper keyfob. But don't worry. We can set you up with one ...for several hundred dollars!"

Ha. There's nothing wrong with this keyfob. If there was I would most certainly have had problems with it a long, long time ago.

So yea, I should have been given a working physical key by Mitsubishi when I bought the car, but the keyfob they gave me was fine, and is fine. And they remedied the situation today by setting me up with a proper physical key for this car.
cool to see the dealership didn't eff you over, considering 2 years passed.
KrnAndy is offline   Reply With Quote