View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3_FaM0uS View Post
this exactly Charles. This is usually the realm people with very deep pockets and/or some way of writing the work off delve into. Will you find 5 people? certainly. But I find it awfully hard to justify an EASILY $15-20,000 decked out short block(IE stroker billet oil pump dry sump)+Heads(port/polished +1mm Ti valves springs retainers etc, exhaust cams) then to throw upwards of 6 grand on an boost logic GTR intake setup/lower conversion with larger TBs. You realize why I asked about the whole $30,000 dollar exchange for a kidney now right?

I'm by no means at all knocking what you're trying to make happen here. by all means bring it to the market. If I never decide to sell this car for a Gallardo ill buy one when the time comes; But hell, weve yet to see someone take the suspension in one of these cars into the 9s let alone to start talking about motors capable of 7s.
Well yes of course there are countless other factors to such a build. However, there are already many people purchasing billet cranks, dry sumps, and the rest. So you really can just consider the cost of the block itself as a separate expense, rather than having to include the inevitable extras that any high power builds would already include!

As for the suspension and single digits... that is because all the Z builds are full street builds. Run a 28 on a 15" and 18psi, stock ride height and softer suspension, and suddenly that IRS isnt going to be such an issue getting into the 9s.

The only reason you havent seen anyone run a 9, is because nobody has tried to run a 9. All that we have had, are guys taking their typical full street car builds to the track with some semi-sticky tires just to see what happens.

Last edited by phunk; 03-24-2017 at 03:52 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote