View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post

Its not all that expensive if you think about it! Not in the grand scheme of building a 1000+ HP engine... the extra 10g to bump the build into the highest tier of RWD street car powerhouses, is well worth it.

The only other option, is to use a modified stock block, and rebuild your engine 2-4 times as often! I think that a lot of people who question the expense of a block like this, are unaware of how many engines the top tier cars go through to get their results. Its rarely disclosed to the public.

If someone plans to use a 1000+ HP VQ on a regular basis, and run it for all its got, its an easy decision. Ive got several guys discussing it with me, but only 3 all-in at this point. I will expect it to take some time to line up the buyers since its a sudden and drastic proposal. And really, its like a change of lifestyle for many, since building to this level would appropriate the time and dedication to campaigning such a car at national level events.
this exactly Charles. This is usually the realm people with very deep pockets and/or some way of writing the work off delve into. Will you find 5 people? certainly. But I find it awfully hard to justify an EASILY $15-20,000 decked out short block(IE stroker billet oil pump dry sump)+Heads(port/polished +1mm Ti valves springs retainers etc, exhaust cams) then to throw upwards of 6 grand on an boost logic GTR intake setup/lower conversion with larger TBs. You realize why I asked about the whole $30,000 dollar exchange for a kidney now right?

I'm by no means at all knocking what you're trying to make happen here. by all means bring it to the market. If I never decide to sell this car for a Gallardo ill buy one when the time comes; But hell, weve yet to see someone take the suspension in one of these cars into the 9s let alone to start talking about motors capable of 7s.