View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3_FaM0uS View Post
Does anyone know if selling kidneys for 30 grand is still a thing!?

Its not all that expensive if you think about it! Not in the grand scheme of building a 1000+ HP engine... the extra 10g to bump the build into the highest tier of RWD street car powerhouses, is well worth it.

The only other option, is to use a modified stock block, and rebuild your engine 2-4 times as often! I think that a lot of people who question the expense of a block like this, are unaware of how many engines the top tier cars go through to get their results. Its rarely disclosed to the public.

If someone plans to use a 1000+ HP VQ on a regular basis, and run it for all its got, its an easy decision. Ive got several guys discussing it with me, but only 3 all-in at this point. I will expect it to take some time to line up the buyers since its a sudden and drastic proposal. And really, its like a change of lifestyle for many, since building to this level would appropriate the time and dedication to campaigning such a car at national level events.