View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
PharmDZ
Track Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z BS M6
PharmDZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
While I totally understand meeting class requirements, I'm going to ignore any rule that causes me to put a part that is known for failure issues on my car just to race in a certain class. My personal safety is more important than that.
Exactly why I'm upgrading to beefier xAxis arms. Can't use spherical bearings in my class. My shop spoke to SPC and theres a FAQ on their website on a slight modification needed to install the new arms properly. I don't know why they didn't know this when I called them up, but they're on now and provided plenty of additional adjustment over my old SPC arms.

I guess I'm lucky, but 7 track days and up to 100 autocross events + 90k miles I've had 0 problems with my old SPC arms. New ones I can expect to only be better. I am not saying the old ones are anywhere near the quality of the SPL, that's for sure. I would have gone with them in an instant. These newer spc arms do seem like a big jump from the last design though, and that's even coming from the shop owner and alignment tech who I go to (R/T Tuning). They work on Formula Drift cars, and a lot of other racing series. I respect their opinion.
PharmDZ is offline   Reply With Quote