View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #3452 (permalink)
muhnkey
Base Member

Drives: '15 370Z WP
muhnkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Yeah but they can't do it with the same weight, ride height, wheelbase, without ELECTRONICS controlling everything. All we have is VDC for the suspension/wheels and some transmission programs such as Algorithm & SRM/DRM. All our performance comes from being an analog car that has been engineered by human being to perform.

The corvette and camaro have been computer programmed into being good. Electric lsd, steering sensors galore, intelligent correcting left and right. Those have become poor man's Porsche's from an electronic standpoint. As the years grow I'm really beginning to appreciate the Z34 as the last analog car. It truly achieves a balance the rest can't. When people say there corvette is superior to a Z in every way, they are not realizing they have WAY MORE electronics controlling their back wheels than a GTR has controlling 4 wheels.

When we MOD our Z's we are building an old school'is car. A REAL car and I LOVE IT!!!

Our electronic steering shuts off after 20mph so navigation through a parking lot or something that facilitates slow driving is easy. After 20Mph. It shuts off and we have hydraulic steering. These cars today. Always electronic.

YUCK!!!

Something to think about.
As someone who loves the Stang and considered jumping ship, I did not because of the steering in the Stang. Even in track mode it has a dead zone. I dated a girl who let me drive her 15 model and it just felt like more of a handful when taking a turn aggressively. The Z glides on rails and for this reason I dont think I'll ever leave me Jessica (Z). I'll get a second car, but always have her in the driveway.
muhnkey is offline   Reply With Quote