View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crazy AFR, not sure what to do. HELP?

Hello all, I have been chasing a series of gremlins that pops up one after the other. The first gremlin was fuel pump not running. It turns out to be a blown fuse which I fixed/replaces.

I now have a new gremlin. My AFR is all out of wacked! At idle per my Innovative MTX-L gauge, it reads from 14-17. I'm okay with my AFR in the 14's but not in the 16 and 17! I thought my Innovative was reading bad so I unscrewed it form the exhaust and calibrated it. This was a fail as the AFR still reads 14-17 in idle. I asked JWick what he thought. He said maybe it's a bad O2 sensor. I ran out and got a new one and replaced it. I calibrated it before I screwed it into the exhaust. Agian, I'm still reading 14-17 AFR.

I'm at a lost of what it could be that is causing my crazy AFR.

Per Uprev if I'm reading it correctly, my AFR is spot on good.

The car runs fine otherwise. I can still get her into boost no problem (only hit 3lbs), starts up fine, everything seems fine fro what I can tell. I was getting paranoid and thought I heard a tic but it might just be me. I also did an oil change and looked at all my clamps to make sure they are all on good and tight. Everything checks out.

My one buddy suggested checking my spark plugs. I installed the turbo kit around 39,xxx and now have 55,xxx.

Any suggestions? My car has been sitting in the garage for 2 weeks now. I want her running well again. My local speed shop is no longer open to the public.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote