View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
Thank you BG! Guess I will have to get another shop this week and slap a tyre on the front and put it on the ground to see where the fronts are at.

I just would have assumed the mechanic at the shop would know this and would do it in the first place?
How much camber can I go without affecting performance?

Will 255/35 on the front be a good choice?
Camber in OEM is fixed, you can gain some camber by lowering with shorter springs otherwise you will need adjustable upper arms. There is a cheap solution and a "good" solution - I have the good solution (SPL) but there are cheaper solutions but you get what you pay for.

With more than 1.5 deg negative, unless your toe setting is spot on, you will risk feathering and additional wear in the inside edge of the tyre and shortened tyre life as a consequence. I run 2.0 - 2.5 neg and a titch of toe-in on the road and up to 4.5 camber and 2mm of toe-out on the track at the front, BUT I also have a hoist, setup plates, camber/caster gauge, scales and string lines on my setup pad in my man-cave so I don;t have to go to an alignment shop before and after each track day. I do know that if I DD the car with track settings I can chew out my dd tyres in a week to 10 days, so it is not something you want to do regularly if the Z is your DD

You are going to have to experiment a little I think

Tyres sizes front/rear need to be within ~2% OD.

255/35R19 is in the sweet spot for a 9.5" rim width and is around 660mm in diameter ...

For rears you'll need a tyre that is close in diameter, so maybe 295/30R18 is a good choice without going uber-wide and costing a motsa
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote