View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #3442 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
My personal opinion is in comparing the Z to the muscle cars is strictly about performance to the dollar. I bought the Z for its uniqueness like most folks on this thread. I would gladly cough up another $5 to $10k to get the same upgrades that come with the latest models SS and GT muscle cars. Them damn things out the box are as nimble or more than than the Z with the same amount of money put into a Z with aftermarket components...and it will take you that much money to level the playing field with them. I got my *** waxed by a guy in a brand new SS Camero in the rain on a track day. Yeah, he is a better driver but that damn car lives up to the hype.

I am a Z fan through and through and even given the performance of the new Cameros and Mustangs, they are beast compared to the feeling I get when sitting in and handling my Z. I just would like a Z that starts at the same place as the before mentioned muscle cars. And for comparing the Z to the Porsche, Jag, Vett and Audi TT for me only speaks to the feeling of what a sportscar should feel like...you can't get that from a muscle car or even a GTR!
Yeah but they can't do it with the same weight, ride height, wheelbase, without ELECTRONICS controlling everything. All we have is VDC for the suspension/wheels and some transmission programs such as Algorithm & SRM/DRM. All our performance comes from being an analog car that has been engineered by human being to perform.

The corvette and camaro have been computer programmed into being good. Electric lsd, steering sensors galore, intelligent correcting left and right. Those have become poor man's Porsche's from an electronic standpoint. As the years grow I'm really beginning to appreciate the Z34 as the last analog car. It truly achieves a balance the rest can't. When people say there corvette is superior to a Z in every way, they are not realizing they have WAY MORE electronics controlling their back wheels than a GTR has controlling 4 wheels.

When we MOD our Z's we are building an old school'is car. A REAL car and I LOVE IT!!!

Our electronic steering shuts off after 20mph so navigation through a parking lot or something that facilitates slow driving is easy. After 20Mph. It shuts off and we have hydraulic steering. These cars today. Always electronic.

YUCK!!!

Something to think about.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-21-2017 at 10:48 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote