View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road
Default Had same issue & dealer finally found a creative fix that worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Yep, same as mine. Gonna get the dealer to replace the regulator again...
Well as it has been mentioned, the window rattle on the drivers door can return and has been an ongoing issue for some. This typically happens when the window is fully in the up position and disappears when slightly cracked.

The dealership was as frustrated as I was with this problem returning so quickly so a new regulator was ordered after several more attempts to stop the noise were unsuccessful. Long story short, the new regulator would have also rattled away & it has to do with the way it has been designed in it's mounting points. It is secured with one mounting screw but the other mounting point is done by using a rivet. This is where the problem arises. SO... with a bit of creative thought, some foam was placed in between that area to prevent that noise created due to the weak contact point using a rivet that can not be properly tightened. This was the explanation I recently got and it seems to be correct. The rattle is totally gone and I don't believe it will ever return now. Such a PITA noise for such a simple cure! Anyways, I hope this information will help others that may run into this issue. Regards Forum Members...
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote