View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
RumbleFish
Premium Member

Drives: '10-Sport-M6
RumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond reputeRumbleFish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCherry Z View Post
I also just got rear speakers installed today in my 2016 base Z. I do have an aftermarket Pioneer HU in place of the stock unit but did not have the BOSE unit. I did have a harness in place for the rear speakers but like yourself, the wiring was either cut or was not provided up to the HU location. I am the 2nd owner & do know the previous owner did have work done as well. The stereo shop tech told me he had to run separate wiring up the Pioneer HU or spend time trying to figure out what was up. I choose the separate wiring solution to help speed up the job. Also, I choose Infinity Reference 4002cfx 4" speakers for the rears & from what I heard, they had a slightly hard time installing them but all is perfect & the panels are fully flush. Last comment is that some like rear speakers for "added fill" and some don't. I am happy to report that the added fill really does help in this car IMHO along with a few other friends who have listened to this latest upgrade. I previously just had two upgraded Pioneer 6 &1/2s in the front doors along with the factory front tweeters hooked up.

I also have a set of rears installed, JL 3.5 2-way and I love the fill they provide. I have Hertz 165 XL up front and a 10" JL sub in a WickedCAS corner box.

Maybe rear speakers are a Black Cherry thing