View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
It creeps forwards, not backwards.
If I let it continue to creep my face would smash through the windshield (joke), so I've always set it back. At the very least it would be uncomfortable to drive - and possibly dangerous.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions and support, guys. I shall continue to collect data. I've repositioned the tape and now that it's stopped raining I'll go outside and lock/unlock several times, on both doors, to see if anything happens.
Oops.. I misread that. But yeah, obviously I'm not suggesting that you be unsafe in your attempts to diagnose the situation. If you can get it to do it at least twice, that would be good data. That is, assuming it doesn't go from perfect position to unsafe in one "creep". To me, it doesn't look like the tape moved that much.

But if you need to, maybe, you start with the seat just a bit farther back in your testing to allow for that second "creep". This might not be too bad since you don't have to deal with a clutch pedal.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote