View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousewei84 View Post
Thank you for this great and quality review! I have two questions if you could help:

1: What is the slip % of advance traction control you found the best to be on HPDE track/road course (Assuming you did some? or the most comfortable % you think?(Where not too sensitive to cut fuel and still save you when you made mistake))

2: Could you give me a step by step how to adjust/change slip percentage? (Just did a EcuTek tune and i don't think tuner told me it is self-adjustable.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry, don't know why I didn't see this before.
In answer to your questions: the last two times I was out at the track, I actually had the Juke out lol, I haven't had the Z out on a course since doing this traction control feature.

To adjust it, you switch to the map that has the feature enabled, ensure VDC is off, and use the cruise control up/down to set the slip percentage. The 'percentage' slip is displayed temporarily on the oil temp gauge (you have to use the needle position to determine the relative percentage).
For the life of me, I can't recall if needle full left is 100% slip and full right is zero slip or the other way around, however I remember liking between 40-60% slip for street driving.

Hope this helps!