View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Hey guys,

Been awhile since I have posted, or even been on the site period. I thought I should swing in and see how things are. Looks like there is still a good amount of activity on here, which I am happy to see! It really is difficult to find a car forum that is a good (interesting/helpful) as this one.

I got rid of my '09 Touring Sport 6MT back in 2015. A member on here actually ended up purchasing it from the Infiniti dealer I bought my new car from. I'm now on new Infiniti #2: Q50S with all of the goodies. I do love the car..pretty luxurious and the thing is a rocket (sounds almost identical to my old Z ). I REALLY considered the option of getting back into a new Z, while shopping for the Q50 at the time. The AWD and ~slightly~ higher ground clearance is basically what it came down to. I had moved into another house during my Z ownership and it was impossible to get the car into the driveway. That and we have snow here about 10 months out of the year LOL.

Anyway, I am starting to get the new car itch again and the Z continues to be on my list of interest. I am definitely tempted now that they have brought my Chicane Yellow back onto the market. Also love Pearl White (previous 350z HR).
Substitute the Infiniti for a Mercedes GLA 250, delete the snow concerns, and you have my story. My townhouse driveway, and Houston streets were what moved me to sell my '11 Touring Sport with Nismo front bumper conversion and Tanabe springs. Car was just too low to be practical, even as a garage queen.

That, and I had done so many mods, I felt I had compromised the car to some extent. Almost everything I did cost almost 50% more to fix an unintended circumstance.

The last factor was the auto trans. In the summer of 2011, post-tsunami, the selection of cars was very limited. Also at the time, it was my daily driver, and I justified the auto trans for commuting purposes. It was my first and last sports car with an auto.

I'm waiting to see what the Z35 concept looks like in October - if it indeed will be debuted - to decide to wait for it, or just jump on a 2017/2018 Nismo.

Since selling the Z, I've stalked the Porsche and Corvette forums, and just can't catch the vibe of those owner groups. I made some of my best friends through ownership of my Z and miss the camaraderie.

I look forward to getting back into the Family.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 03-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote