View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #7189 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
My thing is one of the points you brought up initially, I dont want all my stuff in the cloud. Storage drives have come way down in price and you dont have to have a server, I just did that because there are 9+ devices that get backed up here. Most newer routers have usb 3.0 ports on them that you can attach a 4Tb HDD to it and call it a day.
Yes, for the foreseeable future, basically our entire lives (in pics/video) would be in the cloud. Maybe it's me getting old, but that just doesn't sit entirely well with me.

I've been looking at some Local NAS set ups for the house. How good/reliable are these? What types/brands of HDD do you IT folks prefer/recommend?