View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fern to the Z
Base Member

Drives: 16 PW nismO Tech
Fern to the Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazynismo View Post
The biggest reason for me was that I didnt want to have to cut into the front core support. The silicone hoses for the lower portion of the Z1 intake will make a more oval like shape to fit through the holes so there is no cutting required.

Not sure with the '16 nismo but in the '14 there is also a black bracket riveted to the crash bar. There are two L shaped brackets that face back to back with a nut on the top connecting to what i would call an upper support bar.

I took those nuts off and pulled the L shape pieces to whatever side they were on and then bent the larger black metal piece down to where it is sitting parallel with the crash bar (right behind it). You might actually be able to leave those L pieces on I'm not sure. But you dont have to remove those two plates they are pretty easy to bend so that the end up going straight down. I'd send pics but I didnt take any - you'll know what I'm talking about once you take the bumper off.
Awesome!!!
I'll more than likely go with Z1 C.A.I .
Anybody out there with the 15+ year nismo have any trouble with fitment with Z1 C.A.I. or still G3?