View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spooner77
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Sport Tech 6MT
Spooner77 is on a distinguished road
Default New Member in Maryland

Hey Everyone!

A few weeks ago I rented an incredibly dull Ford Fusion and drove 469 boring miles to pick up a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 370Z Sport Tech in Black Cherry, with only 7700 miles on the clock. The drive up, as tedious as it was, was totally worth it because the drive back in the Z was nothing short of fantastic! I'm thrilled with the Z thus far, although to be honest I've barely driven her since I got her home. It's just been too cold and/or snowy so she's just sitting in the garage for now. Owning a Z is significant to me because my Dad had a gold 280Z when I was a young boy, and it was, without a doubt, the genesis of my love for sports cars. I've wanted a Z since before my feet could reach the pedals, but the time was never right until now. I had actually had scoped out a 2016 Nismo and was ready to make the purchase, until I found out that my insurance would be an extra $2k a year over the Sport Tech, which was completely insane to me. Nevertheless, I'm super happy with my new Z!

I'm sure you all have seen a million pictures of stock Z's, so I'll only post one.

I'm coming from a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT, which was a great car to own and drive for the last eight years, even if was way down on power. I have a lot of great memories in this car and I told myself I wouldn't get rid of it until it made financial sense to do so, but at this point it needs a new clutch, new coilovers, new wheels/tires, and an alignment. I just wasn't prepared to throw that much money into a car with 99k miles on the odometer, so I bought the Z. I'm holding onto the Tiburon for my son though. He's going to put the time/money into it and it'll be his car, so at least I'm keeping it in the family.

I will definitely be modding the Z at some point and to be honest it's hard not to start right away, but I think I'm just going to drive her stock for as long as I can because I know once I start, I won't be able to stop. Anyway, I'm loving the new Z and I'm glad to be here! I'll definitely be spending tons of time reading threads and soaking up as much info as I can!
Spooner77 is offline   Reply With Quote