Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #1180 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Hmm. A nerve was touched in Colorado.

Reasonable suggestions and fair questions.

I had about given up before they introduced Negan -- and did an excellent job. Now I'm loafing around to see what they do with it... so far, it's been to keep him off camera, because, apparently he is not as well liked as hoped.

I am not beholden to any canonical telling of Kirkman's work; when AMC does well, differing from the original or not, I take note of it (and same for when they do poorly).

You can like something and critique it just you can dislike something and give it a generous pass on poor craft. I'm just offering my 2 cents like anybody else here.

In the grander scheme: You might think of my complaints as a counterbalance to blind fandom for the show, of which there is much.
Now you are unfairly making me out to be TWD fanboy, which, I assure you I am not. For me Into the Badlands and Preacher are far superior AMC shows. With that being said I do enjoy a long running post-apocalyptic show and I look forward to it every Sunday night even though the way they create drama is having the characters continually make stupid decisions (a common zombie movie trope). I have no knowledge of the graphic novel story either.

But I have to say that being critical is one thing but saying that they should cancel the show (in a clever way) is over the top, and it becomes tiresome that people use this thread to incessantly whine about its shortcomings. Like I said, if it is that bad I am not sure how intelligent a person is to waste their time watching it (I think that phenomena is called hate-watching). Also it seems that people feel that being critical makes them sound intelligent, but for me it comes off as being pedantic.

Why take pleasure in crapping on something that people like? It's just human nature I suppose.

Have I explained my irritation sufficiently? That's my 2 cents

BTW, one way or the other, Eugene made a great decision!
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote