View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
This finally then explains why my wife's XTerra does the same thing when I kick in the front tires to 4x4. It IS exactly the same sounding and feeling scrub that I have noticed that my 370Z front tires do in cold temps.
If you're using 4WD with enough traction to make your tires/wheels skip, while turning...something is going to break.

Use 2WD until you can go any more, then use 4WD to get you to where you can use 2WD again.

If you're just cycling it as part of some kind of maintenance, do so, but don't do it with the wheels turned - go in a straight line for no more than a few hundred yards at most. The main issue is that it'll build up tension until something pops.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote