View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrskills View Post
I have defi cr as well that I wanted to install, did research and I couldn't find out how to do the illumination. I salute you good sir

Do I need to remove the headunit and display to reach m81? I have Bose and nav.
Yes, you'll need to remove the headunit. I have the Bose without nav, and the M81 connector plugs into the back of the audio unit. If you have the FSM, you should check to ensure that the wiring is the same for the Bose with nav.

Actually, if you have the FSM, go to Section PG (Power Supply, Ground & Circuit Elements), and look in the "Connector Information" section. Under the "Main Harness" heading, there is wiring information for a bunch of connectors. For my vehicle (2013 with Bose, but w/o nav), I focused on the information for Connector M81 labelled "Audio Unit". It showed a red wire marked "ILL (+) (Terminal 9), which I tapped into. However, for Bose with nav, I think that the connector to focus on is M84 labelled "AV Control Unit". It shows a red wire marked "ILL+ (Terminal 79) that may be the one you are looking for. Anyway, if you search through the connector information, you should be able to identify which connector and wire to focus on. Trust this helps.

P.S. It's a very tedious job, but well worth it when you first turn on the headlights and see the gauge dim. Obviously, do a test before you reassemble everything to make sure you found the right connector and wire. Good luck!
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote