View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
MeetJoeAsian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 350Z to G35c to 370Z
MeetJoeAsian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkruel55 View Post
Hi everyone,

I drive a 2010 black 370z Sport with MT. What is the best RPM to set the upshift indicator at? Is it even a worthwhile feature? I haven't taken it to the track yet and I rarely redline it. Any input on how/why to use it would be great. Thanks!
The upshift indicator isn't meant to aid your daily/normal driving...it's meant to assist you in aggressive/spirited driving. I set mine at 7500RPM, so when I have my eyes peeled to the road and my pedal to the metal, I would know when to prepare to shift (blinking at 7000RPM) and when to shift (solid at 7500RPM)...

under normal driving condition, I know when to shift by the roaring of the engine...I really don't know what RPM I shift at, just whatever feels right at the moment and feeling I'm driving....but when driven on the track or when you're trying to achieve the best time, you want to be able to maximize your powerband...thus, setting the RPM indicator helps preventing you from over redlining and also premature shifting....of course, everyone sets their indicator at a different RPM because each we all respond differently when we see the indicator flash...
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote