View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #99 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdeliveryguy View Post
i took apart the back of my handles abit b4 i painted them. mainly the black plastic gasket and to take the button off. ill give warning to anyone... everyone of those lil screws contain a hefty amount of locktite.

of the 6 screws that i took off... 4 of them got completly stripped, one of them i couldn't even get off.. i ended up twisting the plate that holds the button down off and ripping the screw out (apoxy was need'd to fix it back in). went to the home depot and bought new screws. there metric size m4 machine screws for anyone who has done something similar and needs them replaced.

Truth ^^^this is the worst part of the install...I cannot stress this enough...them bitches dont come out and you will strip them....before you strip them get a offset screwdriver. Its the one that is shaped like an S. Any other screwdriver will strip them. Once I started using this they all came out...better leverage and ability to apply pressure.

Last edited by SINISTER; 03-10-2017 at 12:53 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote