View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #76 (permalink)
2SIC4U
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z R
2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute

2010 370Z touring roadster w/sports pkg, convertible

Hotchkis 370z front sway bar
SPL PRO Front Upper Camber/Caster Arms
SPL PRO Front End Links Spherical
SPL Eccentric lockout kit

KW Variant 3 Coil-overs (don't have adjustable shock heights)
SPL TITANIUM Rear Mid Links (when set in middle it allows for another 3/4 inch drop)
SPL TITANIUM Rear Camber Arms

Swift Springs 65mm 7inch 9k (I need to go to a 6inch or 5 inch?)
Swift Helper Springs H65-070-008 (was told by KW this is needed to avoid the POPing issue so many appear to have with the midlinks, this is caused when the spring is not under load, the spring will shift, move, and is dangerous, the helper spring stays flat until it is needed but does add 2" of height.

I currently have the 7 inch spring, the 9k is perfect, stock is 7-8k, I have a convertible and wanted a slightly stiffer ride.

My issue is with the helper spring at 7 inch, my car is like a 4x4. With just the 7 inch spring the car is stock height with the midlink where spl states it should be. That said, do I go with a 5 inch spring to allow for the helper spring, or go with a 6 inch spring? It looks like so many have the popping noise issue and everyone is all over the place with their setups. Suggestions?
2SIC4U is offline   Reply With Quote