View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
Bold statement. I don't need to fact check a damn thing. I stated my opinion. Anyone with a brain could of come to the same conclusion. Here I'll spell it out for you:

- We purchased UpRev years ago. Found it extremely poor on the Nissan stuff.
- Zero new development, zero new features
- Ended up purchasing ECUTek which had a real timing map, advanced features.
- ECUTek works great, gets great praise for their system and their features
- Months/years later UpRev starts releasing similar updates just on the G37/370Z platform (don't see it on the 350Z... lolz?).

Even worse my UpRev dongle hasn't worked for almost a year in any computer I plug it into, so I can't even recoup my cost on the licenses.

I couldn't care less about their reasons or their excuses.

At the end of it all, I'm out thousands of dollars on the UpRev software and regret my decision to purchase their "solution". I'll continue to share my opinion on the subject whenever I feel like it, as I was an UpRev customer and am not even remotely pleased with their software or their support.

Good luck with that slander defense though.
Whoops didnt mean to quote.

I have ecutek and have really liked it, that said I am just learning tuning (on an entirely different platform) and can say one thing reading the new uprev software update is the ign map is adjustable real time!. If I were a tuner that would be a major convenience and something I don't think ecutek (or any other flash based tuner program) can do.

Not forgiving any previous uprev disappointments as I would feel burned too but nice to see a competitor to keep the platform active (since we don't get as much support as honda/Subaru/gtr). Kinda sad the 370z is kind of the red head step child of the performance world (limited software support as well as suspension mods, either budget or $$$ no in between) even though it is awesome cost per performer.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote