View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
MarksZ34
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z M6 Sport
MarksZ34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-F1 View Post
I was very disappointed to see that my Z1 arms were not adjustable once installed on the car. I set them up using the stock arms as a guide. But that's where they stayed too. Luckily the numbers came out ok, but if I want to change the alignment, it's really not possible without removing them, and with swift springs that also means removing the wheels, strut tower bar, and struts themselves. There is no room to remove the 2 bolts holding the arms to the chassis because spring coils are compressed. What am I missing? I find this to be an almost pointless purchase at this point. Especially since I set them up to be like stock, so my numbers are probably what they would be on stock arms. Except for the caster.
There should be no reason to undo the inner bolts on the Z1 arms since that is the castor adjustment which, if adjusted properly should give you more than stock which is desired for better handling and turn in vs stock. The camber adjustment is easily made by unbolting the center heim joint which is simple for either you or the alignment guy. If you are tracking the car all of the time than the SPLs are the best for max adjustability but this was not for me. Once the settings are made on the Z1s, they will never 'slip' as comparable cheaper designs do! In addition, mine is a street car so SPL arms and track settings (which wear tires much too fast) were too much for my wallet!

Last edited by MarksZ34; 03-08-2017 at 08:50 PM.
MarksZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote