View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #501 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-F1 View Post
Now might be a good time to offer more details on the cooling system that was mentioned back in December.

"I spoke with bobby tonight... it looks like they are also going to tackle our cooling system issues. During the initial concept designs they found some reasons why people are experiencing overheating issues. I won't go into details but let's just say that it's pretty ingenious and will help a lot of the track guys. Also stage one will be under $10k out the door. They have mentioned they are going to make a cooling system upgrade kit for resale as well. "

BTW, "out the door" normally means "drive and enjoy". Not sure I would agree it's out the door without a hood or oil cooler.

Yeah so I believe they are foregoing the cooling upgrades to the motor due to costs. Everyone wants to be out the door less than $10k and the cost of doing the cooling mods would definitely push the kit well over the $10k mark and its pretty labor intensive as in it would be a bitch to do in your garage. They have really pushed to make this a kit you can install in your garage in just a few hours. Flash your ecu and then go for a drive.

It truly is going to be a solid solution. Yeah you may have to cut the hood but in all honesty cutting the hood isn't a big deal for me or a lot of people. the stillen kit for the 350z required you to buy a hood or cut the oem one and they sold a **** ton of kits... now RJ MFG is looking at that and saying to themselves if it worked then it will work now.

We all wish we could get everything for super cheap but how many kits you know of are building everything out of billet aluminum with high precision and using high quality components? There are a ton of short cuts in the current supercharger offerings on the market and from sitting in on their meetings the RJ MFG guys aren't taking any shortcuts. Remember they have to make a profit to recoup costs and to fund new innovations... Lets just say the cost to Manufacture this kit is much much higher than stillen's or gamma! Even when buying in bulk!

They are using all billet AN fittings as well so go look up the price for 12AN billet fittings... $20+ each!!! and there are atleast 3 x 12AN lines in the kit... the intercooler is nearly $1k alone...

So while you guys may question their pricing and model know they are doing everything they can to make this affordable...
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054